Welcome to our website !

Gluten/Dairy-Free Pancakes

By 6:52 AM

   I was never really crazy over pancakes because of the heaviness and sweetness of them,  but the last year or so it seems like there has been a pancake craze. When you keep seeing beautiful photos of pancakes on Instagram and Pinterest you finally just have to give in right? I decided I might as well try making them healthier while I'm at it. Once I made some with protein powder and coconut flour, they were not what I wanted the texture of my pancake to be and didn't help my not-so-crazy-over pancakes palette. It pretty much disintegrated to nothing as soon as it hit my tongue. So a long time later, I give pancakes a try again.
       I have had pancakes way too many times to admit in the last week due to trying to get the perfect texture and fluffiness, and honestly baby and I loved them every time! Oh, and husband put his stamp of approval on them as well!  I will admit I have now joined the pancake craze. I would have liked to keep it down to only two different gluten-free flours to keep it simple, but those flours just do different things than white or wheat flour. One thing I have to confess, the pancakes themselves are dairy-free but obviously not the large dollop of whipped cream on top. Sorry, my indulgent side came out! With all these fresh local strawberries we have right now you just have to have whipped cream sometimes! Now, go make yourself a cup of coffee and whipped these babies up! Don't forget to drizzle some warm maple syrup over the pancakes. It makes them divine!









Gluten/Dairy-Free Pancakes
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
pinch of salt
2 eggs
2 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the first seven ingredients in a small bowl. Next, whisk the eggs, vanilla and almond milk in separate bowl.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Heat small skillet to medium heat. I like to use a regular size cookie scoop to scoop the batter into the skillet, that way they come out the same size every time.  If you want specific I do three scoops per pancake. Cook on either side for a few minutes. Top with maple syrup, fresh strawberries and whipped cream if desired. (Yields 7 pancakes)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We don't eat dairy or gluten free, but these still look amazing! I have to admit that I make my pancakes from a box mix way too often. :( I'll have to try these sometime for a special breakfast!

    ReplyDelete