Welcome to our website !

Lemon Herb Chicken

By 6:43 PM

My husband built me a little herb garden for our deck this spring and let me tell you it is on of my favorite things he has made. I had so much fun filling it with rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, mint and more. I feel like almost every day I am subconsciously willing them to grow, get bigger and spread their beautiful, fragrant selves. I absolutely love being able to pick my own herbs and throw them into anything I can from smoothies to lettuce salads and more. That brings me to the lemon herb chicken recipe I have for you. It is one of those very simple humble recipes but one that is so bright and fresh and pairs with many different sides. Tonight I made it with parmesan sweet potato wedges and a nice fresh garden salad. Oh, and we ate it out on our deck which is one of the many things I love about summer. Also I have to say this recipe is so fast and easy and is a good one to do if you have dinner guest coming over.








LEMON HERB CHICKEN
4 bone-in chicken thighs (skin-on)
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
4 slices of lemon, peeled
3 sprigs thyme 

Melt butter and garlic together. After melted mix in oregano, sage, dijon mustard and honey. Cut off any unwanted skin from the chicken. Season both sides and under the skin with salt and pepper. Brush both sides with herb butter making sure you put some under the skin as well. Place lemon slices in skillet. Top each lemon slice with a piece of chicken. Place thyme sprigs on top of chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. The last five minutes move rack to the very top to get the chicken skin nice and crispy. If it is still not crispy enough for you just broil it for a minute or two.
(2 servings)





You Might Also Like

0 comments