Welcome to our website !

Avocado Corn Salsa

By 6:38 PM

Baby is peacefully sleeping for the night, husband is at a meeting, the house is quiet, I am sipping on this lovely peach and mint infused summer drink and a new episode of Master Chef is waiting to be watched but first I want to share this summery, fresh salsa recipe with you. Those big, fat, juicy straight out of the garden tomatoes just scream summer to me and I just love every bit of it. I planted my own tomato plants this year for the first and I picked my first few cherry tomatoes the other day. Sadly my plants don't look anywhere close to being as beautiful as my moms or mother-in-laws, they more resemble a Jack and the bean stalk type of plant that is reaching for the heavens, but hey I'm getting tomatoes and that makes me happy. While I wait for my big tomatoes to be ready I'm thankful I have so many fresh produce stands that know a whole lot more about gardening than I do, but we'll get there. (I hope)
This salsa is the perfect thing for those spur of the moment parties you are having, to put on top of tacos or to put in husbands lunch because we all know we run out of ideas for that.




AVOCADO CORN SALSA

1 cup whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
1 cup tomatoes, finely diced
1 avocado, finely diced
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, loosely chopped
dash of cayenne pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a small baking pan broil corn on high for a few minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Mix remaining ingredients adding corn when cooled. Don't be scared to add more cayenne pepper if you like things a bit more spicy. 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm sure this is every but as good as it looks! Thanks for the lunch idea (:

    ReplyDelete